In Elder Law News

That probably should be fine. But the way to make certain that it is would be to make it a formal loan with a promissory note. Then there would definitely be no issues with reimbursing the child for the payment.

Harry S. Margolis practices elder law, estate, and special needs planning in Boston and Wellesley, Massachusetts. He is the founder of and answers consumer questions about estate planning issues here and at

Contact Us

Send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Start typing and press Enter to search